Senior Consultant, Monitoring and Results Measurement
July 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist at Swisscontact-Katalyst
Delivered a lecture on ‘Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation’.
Presented on the ‘Industrial Sector of Bangladesh’ at the Department of Development Studies.
Katalyst is one of the largest market development projects in the world. Since its inception in 2003, Katalyst has achieved significant impact by increasing the competitiveness of farmers and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in selected urban and rural sectors in Bangladesh. Katalyst follows a pro-poor market development approach in promoting economic growth.
- Worked with Dr. Merylyn Hedger on understanding the existing, and future evolution of, the relationship between development cooperation and climate change finance in Bangladesh. The task involved conducting interviews numerous key stakeholders from the government, NGO and donor community and collecting information from various official and online sources.
- Worked with Dr. Andy Sumner on reviewing the 2005 Commission for Africa Report titled, ‘Our Common Interest.’ My role involved collecting data and information from various policy documents and research reports to evaluate if the recommendations put forward in the report had been met. I focused particularly on the recommendations for promoting growth and tackling climate change. The output of the study was a new Commission for Africa report published in September 2010 titled, ‘Still Our Common Interest’.
- Assisted Dr. Frauke Urban with managing the China Low Carbon Platform on Eldis and also helped to set up the South Asia Low Carbon Platform. My job entailed sourcing relevant news articles and research reports and uploading them onto the platform and also advertising the platform through various social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Worked with Dr. Thomas Tanner on analysing climate change funding in four different countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Mozambique and Nepal. Reviewed various online sources to determine the amount of funding that has been channelled to these countries and the different uses they have been put into.
- Worked with Prof. Abul Barkat and other eminent professors from Dhaka University on a study titled, “Financing Growth and Poverty Reduction: Options and Challenges in Bangladesh” commissioned by the UNDP and guided by the Planning Commission of Bangladesh.
- Reviewed various policy documents of the Government of Bangladesh as well as the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs), and collected data from various government sources and publications.
- Collaborated in producing the final report, writing chapters on growth, inequality and the poverty-growth nexus in Bangladesh.