Emaratech fz LLC.
It infrastructure administrator
August 2012 — March 2014
emaratech eGates is a user friendly access gate developed for the processing of people in areas such as passenger terminals and other secure areas. emaratech Immigration e-Gate has integrated smart card and biometric technologies offering high speed, accurate, secure and user friendly interface to automate the traditional passenger clearance at the immigration counters.
FAWRI is a flagship application addressing the immigration domain market. The application provides a web interface for the immigration back office with an optional back office approval system. FAWRI application addresses the following business areas of the immigration business: entry permit section, residence section, establishment section, passport section, ports and control and investigation.
GDRFA-D eServices is a fully integrated immigration processing system designed to minimize the time you spend on managing your application and other transactions with GDRFA-D
Jobs & Responsibilities handled
• Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of the systems for 24 x 7 call support of the production application database environments
• Extensively worked on Real Application Cluster (RAC).
• Maintenance of production database and development database which includes tablespace space management, user creation, privileges, roles etc.
• Automated hot backups using a combination of incremental, differential and full RMAN backups.
• Maintaining archive data on appropriate storage devices.
• Tracing, troubleshooting with database performance and tuning issues.
• Export/Import of oracle databases.
• Tuning SQL queries.
• Debugging, troubleshooting Oracle PL/SQL packages, stored procedures and functions.
• Analyzing and validating database objects.
• Coordinating with team members.
• Monitor regular database backups and disaster recovery sites(RMAN and OS backup)
• Database health check in daily basis(Oracle , SQL server).
• Maintain staging databases
• Resolve issues with the database and escalate the issues to Team Lead in a timely and accurate manner
• Test the update request coming from Developers in stage environment and deploy in production.
• Take logical backup(EXPDP/IMPDP) after each production deployment .
• Generating reports/data upon user/developer request.
• User administration and security implementation in user level as per business policy.
• Production support for SQL server 2000 DB.
• Resolving issues/failures related to replication.
• Backup planning
• Space monitoring and cleaning the backup sites to avoid future backup failures.
• Clearing the database locks.
• Checking the server health in specific intervals(RHEL5,AIX).