Safety & Training Officer (STO)
July 2012 — Present
Rig Name / Type: West Resolute - AOD2 / Jack Up Rig
Location: Saudi Arabia
Client: Saudi Aramco
Position: Safety & Training Officer (STO)
• Effectively use and promote all Seadrill safety and environmental tools which include management of change, Work Permit, TBRA, OBS, 4 Point Check etc.
• Responsible for administration of the Synergi tracking system onboard and Total Management System Application (TMS)
• Knowledgeable in the Environmental Management System (EMS) of Seadrill to record any discrepancy or non-compliance
• Responsible for coordination and recording of all onboard safety training and e-learning for Seadrill, Client and Third Party personnel
• Participate and assist in development and training of emergency response teams as per Station Bill
• Assist local safety committee delegates with safety related matters
• Maintain compliance programs established by Seadrill, the Client and Governmental agencies
• Assist the Offshore Installation Manager in the development of safety policies and procedures on the unit
• Coach people in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership.
• Knowledgeable about behavioral processes and procedures used to identify potentially unsafe hazards or conditions. Able to identify and react accordingly to eliminate these hazards or conditions
• Assists Third Party consultants with safety initiatives on the unit
• Prepare and send reports on QHSE as directed by Offshore Installation Manager
• Perform or lead incident investigation as required
• Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
• Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
• Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems