CIB – Short Term Insurance
Personal Lines Underwriter
January 2017 — Present
* Provide quotations on existing policies
* Assist brokers telephonically, take instructions over the phone and confirm instructions in writing to brokers via email.
* Attend to written instructions to add and delete items from existing policies and confirm in writing that this addiction or deletion has been actioned either via email .
* Capture all changes on the System A and generate schedules and debit/credit notes, and send to the broker with an endorsement letter.
* Keep a diary in respect of all outstanding information or documentation and ensure that this is followed up on a regular basis.
* Contact brokers who give cancellation instructions as soon as these are received, to ascertain the reason for cancellation and try to match premiums if the client is accepting a lower quote from another source.
* Suggest a corrective action to a broker, and action the corrective action on the client
* Raise renewals
* Increase the H/O and H/H sums insured by the specified percentage at renewal and amend claims accordingly.
* Amend motor sums insured in accordance with the latest Auto Dealers Guide and based on information available.
* Handle all brokers queries around vehicle insurance queries
around value, renewals, cover, loss ratios etc.
*Contacting brokers for returned debits as notified by accounts
department and inform accounts of the outcome
* Calling brokers and negotiating to retain policies
* Sending notifications of cancellation of policies where premiums are not received