Vinayaka Agro Fertilizers India Pvt Ltd
Manager - Procurement & Supply Chain
July 2011 — Present
• Overseeing the component sourcing strategy development and implementation.
• Leading the process of purchase contracts & agreements development, negotiations, determining payment terms, delivery term negotiation & management in accordance with global material policies, procedures and approval authority.
• Monitoring supplier performance management, cost saving opportunity identification and action driven.
• Ensuring the qualification of appropriate components / suppliers, developing risk mitigation plans to ensure component availability in production.
• Guiding the process of qualifying & selecting appropriate suppliers in terms of supplier financial status, capacity, capabilities and business in general.
• Responsible for understanding developments at suppliers’ end & changes in technology that may affect the cost and supply chain of the commodities purchased.
• Collaborating internally and externally as required to optimise supply chain results; tracking & reporting on key performance indicators and project tracking database.
• Global Sourcing & Negotiation with overseas vendors.
• Developing & maintaining vendor base for timely procurement of materials for project.
• Preparing purchase schedules for timely procurement of high value capital equipment for project.
• Coordination with shipping lines & Freight Forwarders for timely arrival/dispatch of cargo at destination.
• Preparation of dispatch plan on the basis of Sales plan.
• Co-ordination with warehouse for distribution of material as per dispatch plan.
• Working closely with Sales team, Marketing dept., Warehouse & Finance dept.
• Handled Business Development for the firm, Analyzed Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu fertilizer markets.
• Working with Marketing department and Marketing cooperative societies for business expansion.