University of California, Davis Graduate Studies
Director of Information Technology
January 2015 — Present
As the first Director of Information Technology in the Office of Graduate Studies, I created and executed a short-term and a long-term IT strategic plan, developed a disaster recovery plan, and implemented computing policies. In the short time that I have been director of IT, I have transformed several inefficient business processes through the use of technology.
• Applied Project Management knowledge in project portfolios management to achieve strategic objectives and guarantee the successful implementation of projects.
• Accomplished a strategic priority to reduce cost, increase availability, maximize staff resources by consolidating technologies, outsourcing commodity service and migrating to cloud solutions.
• Implemented business process improvement through business analysis, ITIL, Six Sigma and Lean resulting in quality improvement, service enhancement, cost reductions, and gained productivity.
• Completed an extensive 1.5 yearlong IT operation audit by an external auditor using the ISO 27001, NIST 800-53 and UCOP IS3 framework. Experienced with audits.
• Resident expert on privacy issues and compliance regulation for FERPA, HIPPA and PCI-DSS.
• Re-architected server infrastructure by migrating virtual and physical servers to Amazon Web Service (PaaS) resulting in reduced operational costs, increased workforce productivity, enhanced business agility, and high operational resilience. Recovery Time Objects for AWS infrastructure is less than one hour.
• Implemented Software Development Life Cycle to streamline application development through consistent methodology and clearly-defined process resulting in the highest quality, lowest cost, and shortest time to development.