Product Manager, Publication Products
July 2013 — July 2014
When Grab Media was acquired by RythmOne (formerly Blinkx) my position was expanded to include all publication based video products.
- Managed integration of two complex data models by leveraging a single API layer to serve both systems, managed operations shifts and strategized on ways to best maximize revenue impact in technical decisions.
- Managed all PRDs and roadmaps tracking product, technology, marketing, operations, finance, and legal on all products across video division.
- Aiding in strategy and design of blinkx.com relaunch, focused on consumer consumption.
- Worked with business stakeholders to develop revenue projection system to be used across divisions.
- Drove introduction of innovative strategies through a meeting of a bi-weekly innovation committee.
- Developed cross-division workflows to establish greater efficiency with a globally distributed team.
- Implemented QA process for syndication process leveraging off-shore resources, and the daily management of those resources.
- Conceived and developed innovative approach to global video embed distribution on partner websites, leveraging automated overlays coupled with sophisticated content discovery. Generated $26M in revenue from September 2013 - July 2014.
- Provided strategic insight, PRDs, and release timelines for a partnership between Blinkx and Automattic for a release of our WordPress plugin to the WordPress VIP marketplace. Managed marketing and coordinated operations training of account managers.
- Introduced a video ad unit which tracks and serves brand's YouTube videos through a VAST/VPAID tag as the preroll. CPMs ranged from $100-$200. Product generated $59M across US and EMEA markets after first fiscal year of release.
- Developed and worked with distributed technology team to implement a new internal operations console for content management, positioned to save $5M at-risk revenue.