American Academy of Dermatology Association
Assistant Director, Political and Congressional Affairs
January 2016 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Wrote position papers for state lobbyists.
• Tracked Legislation using StateNet.
• Attended Committee hearings on behalf of clients.
• Prepared written testimony for clients.
• Assisted in management of day-to-day functions of AHAPAC, a nearly $4 million per election cycle PAC.
• Developed Independent Expenditures and polls for political campaigns.
• Developed election materials for AHA members to encourage participation in the political process.
• Established first online solicitation campaign for AHAPAC.
• Managed employee and new donor solicitation campaign.
• Coordinated state-targeted solicitations by AHA governance and state leaders.
• Maintained relationships with health care association contacts.
• Key contact for over 50 state association PAC fundraisers.
• Managed annual training retreat for state association PAC fundraisers.
• Developed advocacy alerts through voterVoice system.
• Coordinated advocacy fly-in days.
• Web content manager for AHAPAC website, AHA Advocacy VOCUS website and AHA Election Center.
• Developed member communications and managed member website.
• Research national and local legislative issues and events impacting magnet schools using Lexus Nexus.
• Generated and maintained a membership database.
• Prepared and facilitated three national conferences.
• Continued in same role as consultant from August through December of 2006.