Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
November 2010 — Present
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (March 2013 – Present)
Maintained the following responsibilities in addition to the National Sales & Marketing Administrator responsibilities
• Planned and executed Cayman Islands brand activation at a variety of marketing, sales, and promotional activities including Food & Wine shows, sales calls, sales blitzes, trade and consumer shows, seminars, sponsorships, affinity programs, public speaking engagements and familiarization trips.
• Achieved a 53% growth in assigned region of travel agents logging bookings on the destination’s loyalty program within one year.
• Helped grow air arrivals in assigned region by 15.9% in one year.
• Managed the destination's US learning and loyalty program with a database of 2600 active travel agents.
• Prepared content for presentations and annual reports.
• Established a loyal client base building healthy and sustainable relationships.
• Excelled in business development of new accounts, as well as grew share from existing accounts.
• Maintained databases of contact, event schedules, participants’ lists, etc.
NATIONAL SALES & MARKETING ADMINISTRATOR (November 2010 – March 2013)
• Organized more than a dozen familiarization trips annually for travel agents, specialty vendors, and travel wholesalers.
• Planned and executed all aspects of Global Meetings and National Sales Meetings, including the negotiation of hotel contracts, arranging travel for the Premier and members of the CI Ministry, and handling all issues on-site.
• Coordinated the United States trade show scheduling, and collateral material development.
• Produced monthly and quarterly financial reports and assist in preparation of the annual budget.
• Sourced and booked all trip giveaways (60+ per year), prizes, and auction items in the United States and Canada.
• Wrote and edited the monthly e-newsletter, which was sent regularly to travel agents and private sector customers.