Wynn Design & Development
Senior Design Manager
June 2006 — Present
Wynn Design and Development, Las Vegas, NV
I create environments from the big picture to the last detail that integrate function, technology, craftsmanship and visual impact, all of which further the brand identity and enhance shareholder value. My duties required me to:
• Present and convey design concepts to Steve Wynn, Chairman of Wynn Resorts and various external audiences, such as outside design and marketing consultants.
• Create designs that increase sales and profits. Shades eyeglass store has had a sales increase of 400% and Bartolotta Ristorante Di Mare has doubled its profits since being renovated.
• Launch successful strategies for project schedules to accommodate extremely tight construction deadlines, so as not to impact revenue or the guest experience.
• Researching and vet appropriate Asian motifs to entice international guests to visit Wynn Resorts.
• Supervise and motivate the team during the design process to achieve excellence, by mentoring, solving problems together and minimizing ineffective work.
• Select and direct professional services, including architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers to guarantee projects are delivered on time and well done.
• Negotiate fees and create scope-of-work documents, which precisely identified responsibilities resulting in reducing cost overruns by 20%.
• Responsible for creating design standards for Las Vegas projects that exceed five star standards for quality. These standards resulted in a 50% longer life span for furniture, millwork and carpet.
• Select and manage purchases of original artwork, such as the Jeff Koons' “Popeye” and the Garouste and Bonetti Torchieres, along with establishing and cultivating relationships with global galleries.
• Created lobster cart which showcased exotic species via lighting and design and increased sales by 300%