Longhorn Council, Boy Scouts of America
Registrar/ Administrative Assistant
April 2008 — May 2013
- Answered and provided information to volunteers about scouting policies, procedures and services via in person, phone and email.
- Organized and detail oriented creating forms and spread sheets to improve office efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicated with various departments to resolve volunteer issues and provide one on one feedback.
- Manage day to day operations of the office.
- Assisted with specially assigned tasks from management and support teams including feedback from special events.
- Collected money and wrote sales receipts along with reconciling collected monies at week end.
- Maintained alphabetical, numerical and chronological filing system of membership, advancements and Eagles.
- Recorded and entered new membership and scouting advancements into ScoutNet
- Processed, reviewed and certified submitted Eagle applications for the southern service areas.
- Processed and prepared charter renewal packets on a monthly basis for the entire council.
- Printed and mailed membership cards and recharter certificates to scouting volunteers monthly for the entire council.
- Consistently met monthly deadlines
- Decreased Eagle certification turnaround to 2-3 days; in most cases same day turnaround.
- Created detailed tracking sheet of all paperwork brought into the office and sent to the home office for processing and reconciliation.
- Punctual and professional; well liked by volunteers, management and colleagues.