Arizona Public Service (APS)
System Outage Communications Specialist
June 2014 — Present
• Act as central point of contact for key account customers during outage and/or emergency situations on a 24/7 basis. Provide essential feedback and information to customers throughout the outage situation to ensure continuous communication flow between the customer and APS management.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to internal/external customer inquiries and resolving complaints through compiling relevant current and historical outage information, monitoring outage management system and communicating findings verbally or through correspondence in a manner mindful of the targeted audience.
• Utilize DOMS and other systems as needed for State Division Operations to troubleshoot outages and manage manpower availability. Perform call-outs for Troublemen, District Servicemen and crews in accordance with IBEW policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in communications strategy meetings to measure the effectiveness of cross-departmental communications and utilizing feedback and findings to adjust ongoing communications to meet employee and business needs.
• Compile and analyze outage related data and prepare and disseminate reports of finds to the ACC and various APS management all of which requires basic knowledge of electrical terms and electrical theory.
• Facilitate the resolve of field related issues in collaboration with internal departments including re-rerouting orders to appropriate departments, initiating trouble call orders and deciding the appropriate action and internal contacts to best serve the customer’s needs.
• Update the APS Outage Center portion of the website through Share Point with current outage areas, duration and customer counts.
Proficient in: MAXIMO, Saratoga, SharePoint, DOMS, ORMap/OMI/NetCADOPS, ARCOS, CIS, GIS and Microsoft Office.