The Glimmerglass Festival
Artistic Administration Intern
June 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Assist House Manager with venue preparation and closing duties.
• Staff concessions booth; manage petty cash.
• Research productions, and capture rehearsal footage to edit and develop promotional videos.
• Conduct short interviews with faculty, staff, and students about their experiences working on
Smith College productions for Department of Theatre Facebook page.
• Liaise between publicity office and student playwrights to distribute publicity materials for the
New Playreading Series.
• Co-founded a summer student-operated theatre company with the mission of producing three full- length works every season.
• Directed and produced flagship production, an immersive play about genocide in India.
• Plan season and contribute artistic evaluation of productions; organize venue and artist logistics.
• Recruit performers for the company’s projects.
- Script analysis for upcoming season to assist Artistic Director
- Assist staff in running season auditions
- Create materials for Lyric First Stage program
- Create student study guides
- Fill donation requests and manage databases
• Organized logistics and planning for Sikh musical events in Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Stockton, New York, Salt Lake City and Toronto.
• Recruited young musicians from cities across North America to participate in programs; coordinated travel arrangements.
• Managed publicity through Facebook and Twitter; generated posters.
• Taught Gurmat Sangeet, an ancient form of Sikh music based on the Indian Classical tradition, on a semi-weekly basis.
• Prepared students for performance opportunities in Gurmat Sangeet Project music programs across the country.