"It’s up to you to make everyday as perfect as possible. It’s a question of will and discipline." — Karl Lagerfeld
I believe in bookstores, smiles, making other people's day, love, a comfy sweater and a nice cup of tea, family time, and living each day with as much passion as the last. Looking for my next big adventure in Charleston, SC.
Greenleaf Integrative Strategies
Corporate Office Manager
November 2014 — September 2016
Greenleaf Integrative Strategies (www.greenleaf-is.com) provides training and support services to enhance the resiliency and performance of professionals working in high-pressure and/or trauma-related situations. We believe that every organization can achieve Integrative Resilience, a state of human thriving and effective operations in demanding environments.
Innovative Defense Technologies
October 2010 — November 2014
- Primary and first point of contact with clients. Including but not limited to flag rank military officers and Congressional representatives and responsible for maintaining ongoing client relationships.
- Maintain office records; including design and implementation of filing systems, ensure filing systems are maintained, ensure protection and security of classified and confidential files and records, disposition of records according to Defense Security Service schedules and policies,
ensure personnel files are up to date and secure.
- Maintains office services; including design and implementation of office policies, organize office operations and procedures, control correspondence, liaison with other agencies, organizations and groups, update organizational memberships, and maintain office equipment.
- Recruiting office staff; including recruiting of technical personnel utilizing various college and professional career fairs, and responsible for orientation and training employees pursuant to policies, procedures and security protocol. Responsible for annual internship program.
- Maintain office efficiency; including planning and implementation of office systems, maintenance and replenishment of inventory, procurement of supplies, and verification of receipt of supplies.
- HR Representative; including ensuring the company complies with all federal and state employment laws, maintain the Employee Policy Handbook, coordinating annual performance reviews and 360 Survey evaluations, benefits evaluation/benchmarking, and open enrollment coordination.
- Meeting and event coordination; including annual All-Hands staff meeting, annual Employee Appreciation dinner, quarterly team building events, and Go-To Meetings. Managed separate budgets for each event, coordinated menu and seating arrangements with vendors, and worked with internal and external teammates.
Virginia Commonwealth University
Bachelor of Arts, History
Spent four years studying my favorite subject and living the nerd life.