Johns Hopkins University Film and Media Studies Program
July 2011 — Present
Provides coordination, administrative, and academic support to the Director and Associate Director of the Film & Media Studies Program.
I have increased the JHU FMS social media presence exponentially. On Facebook alone, our exposure has increased by 540% since 2011 and I approach our website and weekly emails with the same passion. I closely monitor our audience engagement and keep benchmark stats on our progress on platforms such as Twitter (@JHUFilmandMedia) and Vimeo.
Some specific duties I perform are:
- Prepare and present budgets to Program Director and Deans of the University.
- Coordinate scheduling of all courses and meetings for the Program.
- Manage content on the Program’s website, social media platforms, and weekly emails blasts to students, alumni, and parents.
- Assist the Director in planning and promoting events such as alumni gatherings, screenings, lectures, and workshops.
- Respond to requests from faculty, prospective students, current students, etc. for program information and answer questions via email or postal mail.
- Coordinate visits of prospective students, their meetings with faculty, and picking up program and course materials.
- Hire, train, and supervise approximately 12 student employees throughout the academic year.
- Guide student workers in following the Program’s social media policy.