Beats and Bass Society
Vice President of Beats and Bass Society
September 2013 — Present
Vice President of Exeter Universities Beats and Bass Society.
- Organization of one of the largest societies within the University and working as part of a 7 person committee
- Organization and running of our independent bi-weekly club nights in Exeter
- Organization and running of our trips to Bristol/ Plymouth and UK festivals, such as the Bugged Out Festival (This has involved a lot of negotiation with both the festivals organizers and coach companies regarding logistics and prices for our members)
- Running DJ and music production workshops for our members
- Working alongside the University Student Guild to formalize and organize matters regarding the society treasury and expenditure
- Creating and maintaining one of the strongest music brands in Exeter
- Running the Social Media channels and organizing artworks and promotional materials
- Setting up and running DJ and club equipment, such as CDJ's, turntables, mixers, monitor speakers, PA sound systems and amp racks.
- Headline acts Beats and Bass have booked in the past 3 years: Dusky, Compa, J:Kenzo, Dom & Roland, Waifs & Strays, Dj Klose, Artwork, Sam Binga, Kasra, Mak & Pasteman, The Four Owls, Madam X, LSB, Codec, MTD and Tom Flynn.
- Beats and Bass also set up a campaign to raise awareness for hearing loss due to excessive audio levels in clubs/ concerts. The campaign picked up support from the BBC and a number of high profile musicians in the UK. The campaign won the highly recommended award in the Exeter University Guild 2013 awards.