Prime Distribution Services
May 2008 — October 2008
- Developed detailed error tracking system to reduce daily error rate of transfer between two inner use systems by 80% in under 6 months. ~50% of daily activity was to maintain and handle these cases.
- Provided software related technical support to end users for Warehouse Management Systems.
- Interfaced with third party vendors for problem resolutions to third party software.
- Planned and executed multiple terminal server user consolidations to improve management and user accessibility of provided services.
- Planned and executed a designed network change for isolating pick-to-display devices to prevent network congestion and provide constant high level of data connections on a low bandwidth network.
- Consolidated users in corporate Active Directory domain for easier administration and to provide all new levels of security for all users, including third party vendors, where no security previously existed.
- Worked with other IT personnel to stabilize the server environment to provide a higher level of service and get into a proactive support role instead of being reactive to support.
- Provided an average of 20 trouble tickets a day support including desktop, printer, and various hand held computer equipment issues.
Skills Used: Microsoft [Server, Desktop, Windows Mobile, SQL Server, Office, Exchange, IIS], Symantec Backup Exec, Exacta, SYSPRO, BlackBerry [Server, Handheld], Cisco [Routers and Switches], PHP