World Food Programme
National IT Officer
November 2012 — Present
WFP is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger. My tasks include:
- Leading the delivery of IT support and the IT team in the office. Produce the IT service catalog, coordinate the procurement actions and devices configuration, deployment. Devices include: Servers, PBX, Video, Telephony, Phones and Tablets.
- Acting as the default IT and technology related questions' interlocutor in office for both management and staff.
- Discussing with external partners for the provisioning of IT and telecommunications solutions: VSAT services, vehicles tracking, radio resources management.
- Doing System administration and IT support on: Active Directory, Office 2013, Sharepoint, Citrix, Lotus notes, WSUS, Symantec backup solutions and Sophos Antivirus
- Following-up Network and service management with ITIL ready solutions: Zoho's Manage Engine and Op Manager and VMWAre. Other solutions included for: WAN Monitoring, Cloud computing, AD Self service.
- Enabling team's vision to provide technical support and testing new solutions for colleagues in the West and Central African regions involved in field missions.