May 2012 — Present
• Sole in-house counsel and Corporate Secretary for a comfort footwear company experiencing 115% annual growth;
• Manage legal department by creating a budget, setting KPI’s for the legal assistant, and creating quarterly goals and milestones.
• Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer;
• Draft, negotiate and revise contracts, including: NDAs, license agreements, distribution agreements, manufacturing agreements, independent contractor agreements, service agreements, and leases;
• Review marketing materials to ensure compliance with the FTC, FDA, and NAD regulations;
• Manage and develop contract management process, tools, templates, playbooks, and policy documentation;
• Correspond regularly with the research and development, marketing, finance and compliance teams, ensuring that all legal matters and needs are addressed;
• Acts as liaison between Vionic Group LLC and outside counsels, manufacturers, suppliers, customers and vendors;
• Worked with outside counsel to effectuate a Merger and Acquisition;
• Identify risks and issues, and suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution;
• Assist in global brand development and expansion;
• Manage intellectual property portfolio;
• Supervise a paralegal.