Global, Sr. Director of Information Technology & Lean Champion
June 2013 — Present
Reports to the CFO and is responsible for leading all information technology planning, operations, development, support and organization for Vernay Laboratories. Has a leading role in business improvement activities throughout the organization. Serves as a partner to all organization leaders and as the voice of I.T. Responsible for applying new and emerging technologies/processes to solve business problems, leading major IT/continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring an efficient and secure IT environment, and creating operational excellence in IT Service Delivery.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Lead global ERP Implementation
• Maintain communication software, including VOIP, mobile network and video conferencing, recommend improvement opportunities
• Advise the Senior Leadership Team on the appropriate use of Information Technology to meet the business requirements.
• Report to Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
• Global Lean Champion, Kaizen Event Leader and Facilitator
• Develop related IT Strategies and long term plans
• Manage the IT Policies, Procedures and System Architecture
• Manage external relationships, particularly outside developers that are vital to meeting key business objectives
• Develop and manage annual IT Budgets and Capital Plans
• Ensure the adequacy of IT Security and Controls
• Ensure the proper implementation, usage and testing of DR and Business Continuity
• Prepare Vernay for the numerous internal and external global audits
Vernay is a trusted fluid control solutions provider to leading OEM’s and emerging companies in the Automotive, Medical, Consumer/ Specialty, Printer and Small Engine industries. Vernay is a global company, serving customers in all regions of the world. Having engineering, testing and manufacturing capabilities in various worldwide locations including the U.S., Italy, the Netherlands, Japan, Singapore, and China, as well as sales and customer service offices in France, Brasil and Korea.