New York, Other
Kompani Group is a boutique brand strategy firm with a focus on brand development, business formation, and strategic planning for early stage brands at both startup and large scale companies. As a brand strategist, analyses include: conceptualizing a brand's product, brand vision, brand identity and value proposition; eval...
- Strategy - Technology - Fashion
July 2012 — Present
Consumer Analyst, Investment Banking
October 2011 — July 2012
Areas of focus: Cosmetics, Food & Beverages, Personal Care and Consumer Housewares
- Performed company valuations using merger, LBO, DCF and comparable analyses
- Identified add-on acquisition targets, and assessed the impact of synergies on our client's strategic and financial positioning
- Evaluated our client's multi-tier brand positioning
- Assessed risks of product cannibalization and disintermediation
- Identified opportunities to expand in product adjacencies
- Worked closely with counsel to interpret patent, license and supplier agreements that were key in closing the deal
Media Analyst, Investment Banking
June 2010 — October 2011
Areas of focus: Cable, Content, Theme Parks, Advertising and Social Media
Clients included Cablevision, Cox, Charter Communications, Havas, Warner Music, Six Flags and Great Wolf, among others.
Played integral role in building the Media team: built trading and precedent comparable templates, researched and produced key original analysis on digital as well as traditional media; and trained Summer interns and first year and offshore Media analysts.
Worked on several transactions, including the $4 billion bid from Warner to acquire EMI, the acquisition of Great Wolf by Apollo Management, and a $100 million private placement and spin-off by LimeWire to create a differentiated and legal digital music platform.
- Performed company valuations using DCF, LBO, accretion / dilution and comparable analyses
- Identified synergies, add-on acquisition targets, and capital structure strategies
- Drafted board presentations, pitches, and internal memos for the global credit committee
Burnham Securities Inc.
Analyst, Investment Banking
May 2009 — June 2010
Burnham Securities is a boutique investment bank focused on US and Asian (emphasis on China and India) middle-market.
Primarily worked directly with senior group members on all aspects of the advisory process from initial pitch and analysis on valuation, to due diligence, working with various parties on offering documents and drafting memos for internal committee review.
June 2008 — August 2008
Interned in Leveraged Finance and Debt Capital Markets:
Leveraged Finance: analyzed HY financing opportunities, covenants and optimal capital structures to help de-lever fallen angels.
Fixed Income: selected by head of group to join risk solutions and pension fund teams: analyzed optimal derivative products and the correlation between clients' cash flows and GDP, researched pension fund regulatory environment and assessed pension fund portfolios.
Walt Disney Internet Group
Ad Sales Intern, e-Marketing
June 2007 — August 2007
Designed, booked and maintained marketing campaigns through in-depth analysis of clients’ customer base, marketing goals and budget in order to maximize ROI.
Created 360° promotion proposals for premium clients across Disney’s digital, print, TV, radio and theme park properties in collaboration with the Promotions and Ad Sales teams.
Institut d'Etudes politiques de Paris
Certificat d'Etudes du Programme International, Economics and Political Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Political Science and Hispanic Studies