Assembly Launch Engineering and Project Management Co-op
July 2015 — Present
• Designed and implemented Visual Management to improve clarity and efficiency in the Manufacturing Development lab and to display the status of Key Process Indicators for Assembly Launch Engineering Management.
• Facilitated a Value Stream Mapping activity to mature a core process and support the organization’s lean journey.
• Collaborated on 8D, structured problem solving method, to identify the root cause of a problem and implement corrective action to prevent any recurrence.
• Project management of new products including managing action items, team meetings, project documentation, and serving as a liaison between designers, plant and supply chain to ensure subcomponents are designed for cost, manufacturability and quality.
• Assisted with the standardization of Assembly Launch Engineering processes through interviews with key customers to define their needs and ensure aligned deliverables. Worked to standardize internal processes to ensure consistently good results.
• Executed structured risk management. Developed a thorough risk register utilizing the input of cross functional subject matter experts. Conducted ongoing tracking of risks to ensure all mitigation was implemented.