Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro
August 2005 — Present
• Focus of work in Long Term Care is in Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities.
• Provided counseling, education and facilitated between patients/families utilizing intervention strategies on end of life issues. Served as problem-solver regarding patient/family needs.
• Collaborated with marketing team members for Long Term Care education.
• Trainer and educator of Hospice staff and facilitator for community partners.
• Key participant of an interdisciplinary team of care.
• Member of communication team who worked with CEO regarding new property.
• Quality improvement leader/initiator.
- Performance Improvement Project to reduce unnecessary medical treatment.
- Improved compliance by 20%.
• Coordinated and developed marketing for the First Annual World Elder Abuse Awareness Walk.
• Served as liaison for the Guilford County Senior Services Roundtable.