Photonics Industries International, Inc.
Laser Sales Engineer
November 2008 — August 2011
• Total Sales equivalent to ~ $ 3,000,000.
• Responded to customer and OEM integrator e-mails and phone call inquiries regarding laser applications and functionality.
• Wrote up quotes for new laser purchases, repairs, parts and Service calls.
• Followed through the sales cycle by following up with old inquiries for lasers either via phone call, phone conference, e-mail, or sales visit.
• Updated a weekly sales forecast.
• Made cold calls to prospects.
• Updated sales database with new prospects from trade shows, sales visits, and general inquiries.
• Assisted customers in integrating laser systems into their work stations.
• Attended weekly sales and marketing meetings to go over weekly sales, projected forecasts, and sales objectives.
• Assisted Director of Sales with e-mail follow-ups and quotes for prospects.
• Generated and sent out Customer Surveys to get feedback from customers on their experiences and assessment of the laser systems, which was reported to Management to help them make decisions on how to move forward in improving product features and capabilities.
• Created procedures for manufacturing group on how to properly notify sales of work done on lasers sent back for repair, so that repair quotes could be generated in a timely manner, in order to improve customer service satisfaction.
• Followed up with Product Managers on a regular basis during the manufacturing lead time for ordered laser systems, to make sure parts were available in stock to build the laser, the build schedule generated by the respective product managers allotted for an ample testing period, and that all actions in the build schedule necessary to get the laser shipped out on time, were executed in a timely manner.