Director, Marketing - Theatrical New Release and Catalog
November 2015 — Present
Develop and execute release strategies for new release of feature film and franchise launches on physical and digital home media (Digital-HD, Electronic Sell-Through, Video-on-Demand, Blu-ray and DVD). Lead online, mobile, publicity, media, social and creative teams in the development of disruptive and innovative marketing campaigns. Manage supporting paid media and social media campaigns and agencies on new release launches and digital (EST/VOD) catalog promotions. Contractor position providing overall department support and maternity leave coverage.
• Direct first time release campaigns of multiple films and franchises with box office performance ranging from $2,000,000 to over $350,000,000.
• Manage the launch of Mocking Jay Part 2 on Blu-ray, DigtialHD, Video-on-Demand and Electronic Sell-Through. Oversee a $9,000,000 media plan and develop sustaining programs to support of a targeted $115,000,000 in retail sales within first six months.
• Manage cross-functional teams (creative, sales, operations, online, etc.) by providing strategic direction for the development and launch of programs supporting physical and digital products.
• Contract and manage multiple marketing vendors to create supporting program/events and provide additional consumer marketing support, including radio advertisements, contests, and product-specific tie-ins.
• Utilize theatrical research, audience testing and account based analytics to uncover consumer insights and leverage them to provide a relevant and engaging brand experience to consumers.