Remote Network Integration / Core Network Engineer
August 2008 — September 2009
• Nortel New Graduated Development Program (NGPD) Class 2008 member.
• Activities in Core/Wireless Network Engineering Area as a Pathfinder Development Team Member, working with 11 engineers located in Mexico, USA, and Canada. Pathfinder Plus (PFP) is a Nortel Software Configuration Tool used for design, dimensioning, and provisioning CDMA networks/Packet Core Network.
• I was in charge of the design, research, and documentation for the Pathfinder’s User’s Guide Module.
• I participated and gave some Training Session (KT’s) for Nortel’s regional engineers and other internal users that are located in NA and CALA regions.
• I did testing tasks that include audit and validation activities for the Pathfinder GUI’s outputs of the Customer Inputs Questionnaires (CIQ) Module, using several test cases of real and particular scenarios for PMSC and eBSC.
• Responsible of the integration and functional testing tasks for the interface between Pathfinder Plus Tool and Centralized Engineering Solution (CES) Tool.
• During the last months in Core Engineering, we achieved a 0% of tool defects and increase the use of the tool from 45% to 90%.
• During the first months in Nortel, also I participated with Remote Network Integration Area (RNI) on several commissioning and integration BTS projects for NA region.
• For RNI, I did alarm monitoring reports for projects in different market places in the USA, for costumers like: Verizon Wireless, Sprint and US Cellular. This also included alarm log files reports (greps), and OM’s data from BTS and MTX, access and acquisition of CACP log files using the Nortel CDMA CACP Client Tool.
• Basic knowledge and tasks about remote configuration, support, and integration of the CDMA BTS’s.