medical billing clerk
November 2006 — September 2011
• Responsible for the maintenance of the patient's documents and their addresses.
• Maintained the patient's information, reports, income reports and statistics with balancing the daily schedule.
• Processed patient's billing, statements, reimbursement claims, post transaction and data.
• Deals with the queries and respond to them by telephone or by writing.
• Responsible for the reports distribution, telephone and generation of the bills.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the records of the patients, billing instructions etc.
• Maintained the special bill's lists, customers account, etc.
• Also responsible for the answering the customers queries, complaints and problems.
• Reviewed patient medical records for completeness, accuracy and regulatory compliance
• Retrieved patient medical records for physicians, technicians, staff
• Protected the security of medical records to ensure confidentiality.
• Planned, developed, maintained and operated a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information
• Computer entry of demographics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment
• Compiled and maintained patients' medical records to document condition and treatment, providing data for research, cost control and care improvement
• Handled patient admission, discharge forms
• Assigned the patient to diagnosis-related groups using appropriate computer software.
• Released information to individuals, agencies in compliance with appropriate regulations
• Coded all daily clinic visits/ancillary visits using ICD-9, CPT-4 reference books and the 3M Encoder to assign codes
• Sequenced diagnosis/procedures for the outpatient medical records according to coding guidelines
• Worked with physicians, nursing staff to clarify/correct records
• Entered data for billing purposes
• Updated policy and procedure manuals