How to Tackle Your Debt and Still Have a Life
April 11 • 6 - 8pm
**Note, this event is a paid event hosted by our friends at General Assembly. Please register through their site here: http://ga.co/2o8quDY**
Debt is one of those things that can sneak up on you.
It can start with your first credit card, or needing to take out a student loan, or getting a new car. Then one day, you look up and suddenly, you can't find a way out of it and you may feel too embarrassed to talk to anyone about it. You are not alone and you don't have to figure this out alone!
We are going to cover different strategies for how to handle your debt, rebuild your credit, start saving so you don't have to go back into debt, and show you how to pay down debt in a way that works for your lifestyle.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to check and read your credit report regularly
- determine when it makes sense to refinance, do a balance transfer, take out a personal loan, and/or consolidate debt
- learn about different student loan forgiveness options, income-driven plans, and refinance/consolidation options
- review your existing student loans and decide if it makes sense to refinance or get on an income-driven repayment plan
- review other debt, such as auto loans and mortgages to make sure you are in the best product
- help you prioritize what to pay off, how much to pay off, and when
- create a debt paydown plan for all debt that includes a savings component
To learn more, visit http://ga.co/2o8quDY
Photos From the Event
There are no photos yet. Contact the chapter if you have photos from this event you'd like to share.