Gusto (formerly ZenPayroll)
August 2015 — Present
As the first legal counsel, I support all of our teams with their legal needs as we scale our rapidly growing company. My current responsibilities include:
• General Corporate: Manage financings and other equity-related transactions; maintain the capitalization table and applicable records; create and implement corporate governance policies
• Commercial Agreements: Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including partner agreements, professional services agreements, commercial leases, software license agreements and SaaS agreements.
• Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations applicable to different aspects of our business, including money transmission and health insurance
• IP Portfolio Management: Oversee and grow the company's IP portfolio and supervise various copyright, license and trademark issues
• Litigation: Facilitate dispute settlement and respond to possible threats in a variety of matters including vendor disagreements and employment matters
• Risk Management and Advice: Provide business and legal risk advisory across a large number of subject areas, including business development, employment and labor issues, corporate governance and fraud
• Outside Counsel Management: Collaborate with and direct outside counsel to effectively manage the various risks and on-going transactions
Gusto. We’re on a mission to help companies put people first. And we’re hiring in San Francisco and Denver!
We believe that employees are people, not ID numbers. That’s why we’ve reimagined the most complicated, impersonal business tasks that employers face and created one simple and delightful service. Payroll, benefits, and HR like you’ve never seen before.
To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, and benefits, visit gusto.com/careers.