New Media Associate
September 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To kno...
Content and Digital Strategist for an organization devoted to creating meaningful change and interactive experiences in the non-profit, sustainability and arts sectors.
• Encouraging and empowering children with chronic illness or disability to engage in specialized camp activities that facilitate physical and social development.
• Assisting with maintenance and organization of camp grounds and property.
• Performing responsibilities such as lifeguarding, CPR/First Aid and High Ropes/Zip Line instruction.
• Establish relationships with various vendors, brands and potential media sponsors.
• Organize and maintain contact database of 200+ food trucks.
• Assist with daily social media, blogging, press kits and media relations.
• Guided student groups through the process of planning and managing campus events.
• Clarified complex policies regarding funding allocation, logistical set up, and advertising.
· Professionally represent the administration and Dean of Student’s office as a student leader active in various aspects of the BU community while successfully upholding a standard of academic achievement.
• Efficiently multitasked administrative duties, important University projects, and event planning while maintaining a positive work environment in a fast-paced office atmosphere.
•Developed and maintained strict financial budgets for Elements, New England's premiere and largest hip hop dance competition.
•Organized and scheduled day-of event logistics including the arrival of 400+ performers, crowd-management and vendor set-up.
•Coordinated travel, lodging and compensation for professional exhibition and performing groups.
•Managed official email account, performance schedule and online social media presence.
•Planned, promoted and taught open to advanced level hip-hop classes for the BU community.
•Artistically directed and choreographed numerous routines viewed by audiences of 300-1,000 people.
• Boosted public understanding of student centered learning through social media.
• Conducted comprehensive media monitoring and updated external communications
databases with relevant news, policy-making and grassroots efforts in education.
•Created thorough, concise and accessible web copy using synthesized research and
findings from grantees such as Building Collaborative Culture.
• Researched, wrote and fact-checked feature articles on chefs, shops and restaurants.
• Transcribed interviews, copy edited recipes and wrote creative copy for cocktails,
book reviews, gourmet focus and restaurant return sections.
•Assisted with production, food styling and breakdown during photo shoots.
• Copyedited manuscripts and evaluated solicited and unsolicited proposals for the nonfiction imprint.
• Researched and contacted relevant bloggers, book clubs, and organizations as a part of a grassroots marketing strategy for new titles. Initiated partnerships with upcoming social media platforms for future publicity.
• Multitasked several editorial and administrative duties such as conducting large mailings using ConnectShip, writing book jacket copy for Coffee is Good For You, and completing tip sheets and cast-off memos.
• Participated in weekly editorial meetings and assisted with the successful launch of “Wreck This App.”
• Compiled innovative content for the Her Campus Insider’s email newsletter on MailChimp in order to increase click-throughs and subscriber retention rates. Attended email-marketing webinars to enhance skills and knowledge.
• Maintained content partnerships, wrote blogs, and recommended articles to syndicate with the Huffington Post
• Pitched, researched, drafted, and edited experimental, feature articles, and staff blog posts for national magazine.
• Built social media strategy and constructed master documents with marketing tips, lists of influential bloggers, staff-writer database, relevant hash tags, and creative campaign proposals.
• Conducted client research and developed social media branding strategies
• Wrote creative copy for campaigns, promotional contests, giveaways, and content calendars. Published and monitored content for clients such as Uno Chicago Grill, Pampered Chef, Classic Party Rental, and Restaurant.Com
• Edited interactive video and music footage for the campaigns “New York City Condoms” and “Our Jewish Community.” These videos played an integral role in Likeable’s 3rd consecutive WOMMA award.
• Developed the brand of Likeable Media while playing an integral role in the development of a client's social media presence using platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Wildfire, Foursquare etc.
• Researched, developed, and maintained online resources in order to promote the organization.
• Pitched innovative ideas that contributed to blog and social media expansion.
• Compiled a database of relevant links, articles, videos, and organizations with similar mission statements
• Assisted in the event planning and organization of National Dance Week
• Researched various fitness, wellness, and dance locations
• Drafted and posted reviews of classes in order to expand web databases