District 4 Toastmasters
VP of Public Relations - Golden Gate Toastmasters
September 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
- Companies include: Linda Segal (Houston), Gemma Khang (NY), Moshary Inc. (LA)
- Assisted with patternmaking, trim and fabric sourcing, marking & cutting, fitting and quality control
- Sketched new designs
- Support seasonal show production, including fashion week at Bryant Park
- Launched new lines: Levi Strauss Signature and Slates Women’s contemporary collection
- Created presentations for internal and external line launch
- Developed seasonal design concepts and color direction
- Sketched flats and technical specs using Illustrator
- Created textile designs using U4ia program
- Sourced new fabric and trim vendors for contemporary women’s apparel market
- Break down cost of producing each garment for Product
- Managers to use as negotiating tool.
- Suggest cost effective design changes that does not alter the integrity of the design, increasing margin by up to 25% per style.
- Create product assortment of travel-friendly men’s apparel and accessories in all categories (knit and woven tops, sweaters, pants, jeans, suit separates, outerwear, underwear, rainwear, belts, shoes, hats)
- Develop costing and pricing strategy and negotiate with vendors to achieve 60+% IMU
- Design new private label products and follow through entire product development process to ensure products ship to warehouse on time and with high quality level
- Travel to market shows to source new line buy products
- Provide creative direction for product photos and catalog layout design; proof for copy creativity and product description accuracy
- Train Intern and Merchandising Assistant on product knowledge and merchandising strategies
Managed groups of 5 - 40 volunteers per event.
- Began as temporary Assistant Merchandiser for Levi’s Capital E premium denim (men’s and women’s), Levi’s Vintage Clothing, Little Levi Vintage; hired permanently after 6 months and promoted as sole merchant for all 3 premium lines.
- Optimized key fits and assorted leading finishes, growing the Capital E brand to become the #1 brand in Spring 2009 at Barney’s New York men’s premium denim floor, up from #14 in 2007.
- Analyze sales performance and gather market information to identify opportunities and risk for external retail partners, company owned retail establishments and online store
- Create seasonal line briefs and presentations
- Develop costing and pricing strategy to ensure financial targets are met
- Assort market leading fits and finishes to maximizing profit margin
- Liaise between Production and Sales to troubleshoot production issues and ensure order fulfillment
- Style catalog photo shoots; ensure all publicity and marketing are in line with brand identity and image
- Planned and executed competitive product fit test; compiled and analyzed results, leading to improved fit and design
- Design, merchandise, source and market eponymous womens' contemporary designer collection
- Design and produce custom apparel and home soft goods for private clients