I am "first generation" in my family, so as the first to embark on a professional career, I am constantly seeking ways that I can contribute to the community and ways that I can benefit from others' experiences. I'm interested in career opportunities, advice to advance to the next level of my career, and techniques to navigat...
New York City, NY
Selling and marketing the city's only purpose-built data center to support small to large enterprises' critical infrastructure. My role includes inbound/outbound sales, lead generation, overseeing email campaigns, and organizing client events.
My dream job is to leverage my skills in business development to work for a global company that offers a disruptive product or service that changes the way we work and live.
April 2013 — Present
Rockwood Real Estate Advisors
July 2012 — April 2013
Jody Alyn Consulting
Operations and Research Assistant
January 2011 — January 2012
- Research: Researched and identified national military healthcare models. Summarized recommendations for best practices.
- Support and database management: Prepared PowerPoint slides. Organized focus group spreadsheets. Created table of contents for Word document.
Project New West, LLC
July 2011 — October 2011
- Policy analysis and research: Monitored and tracked legislation. Researched and summarized U.S. policies for senior researchers’ reference.
- Support: Proofread research studies and PPT presentations. Set up charts and graphs for senior researchers. Prepared president for meetings by conducing background research on issues, institutions, and people.
- Database management: Managed research database in SPSS and Excel. Maintained and updated elected officials’ contact information.
Program Coordinator for the Office of Minority & International Students
August 2010 — July 2011
- Data analysis: Interpreted data and feedback to develop and implement new programs to address issues confronted by students of color. Developed performance measures for tracking programs on-campus.
- Budget preparation: Oversaw student organization budgets totaling over $25,000. Negotiated entertainment contracts on behalf of student groups; secured an art exhibit for 40% less than original request.
- Program management: Managed calendar of events, tracked deadlines, and conducted follow-up with departments. Increased programs and events on campus by 23% over a semester.
- Communications: Communicated with students, faculty, and staff through weekly e-newsletter. Established relationships with alumni for campus presentations and lectures.
- Logistics: Prepared agendas and delivered presentations at leadership meetings. Coordinated space reservations. Arranged travel and lodging for entertainers and speakers.
Art Students League
May 2010 — October 2010
- Analyses: Evaluated annual Summer Art Market attendee surveys and suggested improvements. Generated membership reports and Google Analytics web traffic reports to determine keywords for search engine optimization.
- Strategic development: Assessed market research to develop new business opportunity. Scheduled weekend art demonstrations at local businesses.
- Marketing and communication: Produced content for the League’s website. Managed electronic communications; produced monthly electronic newsletters, and increased fan interaction on Facebook from an average of 13.5 weekly in 2009 to 46.5 weekly in 2010.
Beijing Normal University
Chinese history, culture and language
Bachelor of Arts, Dual, International Political Economy and Asian Studies