April 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Teach indoor cycling, boot camp and weight lifting classes to groups of up to 60 individuals several times a week.
• Compose original content, including event coverage, product reviews, headlines, e-mails, event brochures and long-form articles for Competitor.com, Competitor magazine (500,000 copies in national circulation/2 million readers) and Competitor Group’s 80+ events (570,000 participants).
• Project manage 8 departments of the magazine and a team of 7 freelance editors—assigning stories, overseeing deadlines, giving feedback and ensuring all copy is compelling, consistent and adheres to brand goals.
• Translate technical marketing and scientific jargon into understandable and relatable terms.
• Monitor website analytics, including page views and impressions, to optimize editorial strategy, which has assisted in increasing overall impressions by more than 100% in the last year.
• Work closely with executive staff, marketing team and editorial team to create monthly and yearly editorial calendars and schedules as well as develop marketing campaigns, considering content strategy, relevant writers, seasonality, reader engagement and relevance to readership and growth.
• Leading force behind the development of Competitor’s Pinterest page, managing page and growing followers from zero to 255, as well as assisting in managing Competitor’s other social media pages (Twitter: 30,000 followers, Facebook: 21,000 followers, Wordpress: 2.5 million monthly visitors), by writing posts to cultivate followers and encourage reader engagement.
• Created the in-house editing style guide, and implement guide to ensure consistent, factual and accurate editorial content.
• Review, revise and fact check 50 to 60 articles a month for accuracy, concision and clarity.
• Responded to breaking news by delegating duties to teams of photographers and producers in the newsroom and out on the field.
• Selected news pitches and press releases for morning newscast, website and magazine.
• Wrote and edited morning news anchor scripts, articles for magazine, website, and newsletter using Constant Contact and Microsoft Office.
Designed, wrote, and edited website and monthly online newsletters. Wrote and edited stories for quarterly online and print fitness and health magazine.
Wrote and edited articles for a daily publication. Researched and interviewed for stories on a strict deadline.