Stanford University Department of Medicine
July 2014 — Present
• Research and write articles for a variety of media platforms. Interview students, researchers, scientists, and faculty to shape their work into stories for wide audiences.
• Developed a comprehensive communications plan to engage existing and new audiences, and to grow support for the department’s mission.
• Oversee the department website, monitoring and reporting metrics, developing content, integrating social campaigns, and improving SEO.
• Manage and maintain editorial calendar and production schedule.
• Supervise and collaborate with writers, editors, photographers, designers, and other external contributors.
• Design and implement social media strategy, organically increasing reach across all channels.
• Contribute to Stanford School of Medicine’s award-winning blog, Scope.
• Network with faculty and researchers to identify story opportunities.
• Take photographs to accompany news articles and features.
• Plan, edit, and produce first-ever department publication.