May 2013 — Present
I am the Creative Director and co-founder of InDependent (www.in-dependent.org), a fiscally sponsored health and wellness project. InDependent’s mission is to create a thriving community of military spouses that supports preventative wellness by inspiring each other to make health and fitness a priority.
As Creative Director I have the responsibility of creating and maintaining the established design parameters and stylistic guidelines consistent with the company’s identity.
• Developer of layouts and artwork for marketing communications materials including, but not limited to, collateral, proposals, presentations, sponsorship packets and online material while maintaining the organizations brand identity and consistency.
• Expert in latest design trends and innovations.
• Manager of outsourced and freelanced resources to generate printed and online branded materials, such as websites, social media outlets, advertisements, brochures, newsletters and other materials and documents.
• Designer and editor of all materials submitted for approval.
• Provider of professional recommendations for and -- independently and collaboratively -- executes complete concepts, designs, direction, production, print buying, and quality control.
• Works closely with project managers in defining design criteria and developing concept/direction and art layouts, art direction and photography selection.
• Collaborates with the public affairs director in the achievement of highly effective/impactful and results-oriented visual communications.
• Demonstrates consistent ability to monitor own work, as well as careful attention to the work of others throughout the design process.
• Ensures quality creative content is delivered on time and on budget
• Develop, manage, motivate and retain creative department staff and volunteers.