Chicago History Museum
My career experiences reflect a vast array of interests centering around web design and front-end development, social media, and fashion. All of these mediums represent forms of story telling. I am a storyteller, and the web is my pen and paper. Boston College graduate with a BA in English and minors in French and Hist...
Web design, front-end development, user experience, social media, startups, writing, editing, fashion.
A web designer/front-end developer for a startup, or a fashion company. I never want the learning opportunities to end at my dream job either.
Chicago History Museum
July 2011 — Present
Web Design & Front-End Development
• Design and develop responsive websites and web forms
• Assist with cross-browser and usability testing of websites
• Create graphics for the web to promote exhibitions and events
• Manage Museum’s presence on all social media platforms
• Create social media plans, goals, and content calendar
• Execute social media campaigns for exhibitions, programs, events, etc.
• Drive web and foot traffic through social media engagement with users and influencers
• Grow Museum social media audiences organically on Twitter by over 250% and on Facebook by over 150%, help build audiences from scratch on Tumblr to over 320,000 on Pinterest to 11,700 and Google+ to nearly 18,000
• Developed and implemented social media campaign for the December 2012 "Cocktails and Capone" Museum event at the Museum with Templeton Rye that helped bring in 370 attendees and generated $10,780 in total revenue
Online Content Management and Maintenance
• Assisting with production, management, and maintenance of online content
• Regularly update Museum website with accurate information
• Write and edit copy for online platforms
• Edit, format, test, and send out electronic mass mailings
Usability Testing and Focus Groups
• Assist in testing accessibility and usability of interactive multimedia projects such as the Museum's "Visit Lincoln's Chicago" touchscreen activity, and the Digital Costume Collection database
• Sat in during focus groups for the Museum's "Inspiring Beauty" exhibition
AAM Conference Panelist
• Presented at the American Alliance of Museums annual conference in April 2012 on a panel entitled "Can Mobile Interpretation also be Social?" about the Chicago History Museum's social media strategy on Pinterest
September 2010 — November 2013
• Design and construct avant grade chain jewelry
• Sell products in online boutiques including Barb and Bear, and Etsy
• Consult with bride to design custom jewelry for June 2013 bridal party
Design, Development, and Blogging
• Manage and implement design and development of Rusted Revolution Wordpress website
• Consult with digital designer to create logo, business cards, linesheet, promotional materials
• Write blog posts on regular basis
• Contributed weekly guest blog posts about fashion to the Her Campus Boston College website
Social Media and Marketing
• Build, maintain and promote the brand
• Implement social media strategies across all platforms
• Facilitate blogger and celebrity outreach with artists such as Posso
• Collaborate with companies such as Her Campus to facilitate giveaways
• Lent out jewelry and provided coupons to Her Campus for their nationwide College Fashion Week events
• Produced a promotional fashion show event in conjunction with Her Campus and Rent the Runway
• Oversaw interns for brand and blog projects
September 2012 — July 2013
• Write engaging, informative articles on unconventional local tourism attractions for the Chicago Like a Local blog
• Pitch ideas, visit locations, and interview subjects for articles
• Promote posts via social media
July 2011 — October 2012
• Assist with grand opening of the second American flagship store
• Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the history of the brand, products and fashion trends.
• Sell clothing and accessories, meet specified sales quotas.
• Provide customer service, maintain visual environment of store and displays, and represent the company.
Boston College Chapter Contributing Writer
December 2010 — May 2011
• Contributed weekly blog posts about fashion that maintained the Her Campus message while simultaneously representing the Rusted Revolution brand.
• Worked with leaders of website to organize and produce a fashion show/promotional event.
June 2010 — December 2010
• Sold clothing and accessories, met specified sales quotas.
• Provided customer service, maintained visual environment of store and product displays, and represented the company.
Fashion Intern and Contributing Writer
May 2010 — December 2010
• Researched current trends, designers, retailers, and featured celebrities
• Composed three blog entries per week for Shoptopia.com
• Wrote for magazine web site Venuszine.com and for print magazine
Chicago Historical Society
June 2010 — August 2010
• Assisted with publication of Chicago History Magazine
• Performed editorial duties such as fact-checking, copy editing, proofreading, photo research, and writing captions
• Updated museum website and blog
• Helped to create and send out mass emails to staff and museum members
BA, English, French, History
St. Ignatius College Prep
The Starter League
HTML/CSS, Visual Design, User Experience