October 2002 — May 2004
· Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawers at the end of
my shift. Calculating daily transactions using the computer calculator
or adding machine. Cash checks and payout money after verifying that
signatures are correct and that written and numerical amounts agree, and
that the customer has sufficient funds.
· Examine checks for the right endorsements and to verify other
information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons
receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
· Enter customers transactions into computer in order to record
transactions and issue computer generated receipts.
· Identify mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
· Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
· Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers
according to denominations.
· Receive mortgage loan or public utility bill payments and
verifying payment dates and amounts due.
· Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customer's
· Explain, promote or sell products or services such as travelers
checks, savings bonds money orders and cashier's checks, using
computerized information about customer's to tailor recommendations.
· Perform clerical tasks such as typing, filing and answering
incoming calls from customers.
· Help monitor bank vault to ensure cash balances are correct.
· Sort an file deposit slips and checks.
· Count daily inventories of cash, drafts and travelers checks.