Business Development Manager
May 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Manager at 48 Communications
Execute the event day timeline and serve as hotel liaison with clients, guests and outside vendors
• In-house coordinator for all aspects of event management; including an Oscar Party for 400, two-day conference for 300, screening series, company picnics and various other parties
• Organize and implement (with a team of interns) an entirely new contact database system for the entire company
• Began overseeing ItsontheGrid in April 2012 (subscription database similar to IMDBPro for tracking film development projects)
o Handle or delegate all customer service, billing and submission inquires
o Develop marketing & strategic plan to improve the content and technlogoy, working closey with IT and designers
•Initiate and execute the corporate strategy for developing a user base for an internet startup focused on internships in hard-to-break-into industries such as film, television, sports, music, fashion, advertising, web and tech.
•Identify, hire and manage initial group of 40 campus interns in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and San Francisco as well as larger group of ambassadors and reps nationwide.
• Plan and execute all aspects of corporate events including an entertainment industry expert
panel attended by 400 students that sold out in 4 days
• Create and maintain relationships with key area venues and possible brand sponsors for events
•Managed busy agent’s desk including schedule, rolling calls, travel planning and transition from Gersh to WME
• Located payments and invoices, sent submissions, coordinated client and departmental meetings
• Created and organized new systems for desk on studio coverage, client materials and payments.
• Administrative duties of a busy agent's desk
• Handled public relations for high profile clients such as coordinating press days and publicity events/interviews
• Tracked down available rights to material for whole agency
• Researched and prepared press packets for upcoming client projects
• Established external reading and trainee program; designed training manuals and served as department liaison
with interns and outside consultants (readers).
Onsite assistant for the Cannes Film Festival 2009
Conducted research and performed trend analysis on various topics for the former CEO of John Hancock Financial Services and New York Times bestselling author
Assisted in executing all aspects of Festival on the Boston Common involving over 30,000 attendees, raising over $630,000 for children in need
Front Desk/Conceirge services