East Town Association
Special Events Intern
January 2015 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Special Events Intern at East Town Association
• Create pleasant interactions and relationships with members. Offer flexibility in hours and work environment during varying holiday events, golf outings, meetings, and banquets servicing up to 300 people.
• Coordinate with other departments to remain informed, efficient, and capable of providing optimal service to all customers. Assist other team members with tasks. Train new employees.
• Remain knowledgeable of club events, promotions and specials, and menu features. Follow all country club and state regulations for food and beverage handling/service. Ensure cleanliness and appropriate presentation of dining areas and food items.
• Provide a communication link between both organization and vote on behalf of both on administrative committees.
• Facilitate a committee providing recognition of campus leaders and their positive impact on the campus community through events, promotions, and weekly campaigns.
• Exemplify the four pillars of NRHH including scholarship, leadership, service, and recognition.
• Represented and served as a voice for over 3,300 campus residents’ concerns and opinions. Assisted with decision making and forming formal legislation on administrative committees. Presented and publicized the mission, resources, and programs of the organization using social media, fairs and conferences, and promotional items.
• Developed active and passive programs/campaigns on campus. Created awareness of social issues such as sustainability, alcohol/drug awareness, mental health/cancer support and research, poverty, and world hunger.
• Led a delegation of campus leaders through planning and execution of large programs reaching up to 300 students. Managed volunteer opportunities and leadership development for residents and student staff members.