Teach For America
Assistant to the Executive Director/ Operations Coordinator- Massachusetts Regional Team
June 2014 — June 2015
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Filed appeal documents with District of Columbia Superior Court on behalf of Attorney Sulton.
• Researched statutes, case law and statistical data for Attorney Sulton and compiled for presentation.
• Attended regular court appearances with Attorney Sulton and occasionally aided in strategic decision-making.
• Communications Intern: Drafted speeches and remarks for John U. Sepúlveda, Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Administration.
• Assisted in the creation and development of an innovative strategic plan geared toward improving relations between the executive offices and staff.
• Observed the implementation of HR initiatives designed to re-tool existing staff and improve Federal on boarding processes.
• Content Contributor & Writer: Reported on multiple celebrity news stories daily, conducted content research for blog postings, and conceptualized branding and marketing ideas for progression.
• Worked under fast paced and demanding conditions that fostered strong time management skills.
• Research Intern: developed storyline and researched facts to produce my own on-air news piece, and assisted with day-of-air news pieces.
• Produced my own news story from discovery to its final product, which ultimately earned a timeslot on a reputable newscast.
• Notable Piece: Rock Center with Brian Williams November 28, 2011 episode, Segment: Flunking the Test
• Production Intern: Assisted producers with stories during pre-production and production process: Logged video and audio footage, researched background information for stories, participated in pre-air screenings, pitched Dateline story ideas, organized and maintained extensive tape library, learned various skills and techniques for researching and logging.
• Gained a working knowledge of the television news industry.
• Observed General Counsel’s review process of stories scheduled to air.
• Notable Pieces: State vs. Casey Anthony, Casey Anthony: Inside the Verdict
• Legal Intern: Cataloged works with the United States Copyright Office, prepared legally binding contracts, examined supporting documents for pending lawsuits, manage the firm’s financial books.
• Observed the daily operations of a boutique law firm including client-attorney interactions.
• Legal Intern: Examined and organized case records, drafted memos and other documentation pertinent to cases, interviewed clients and witnesses regarding cases, prepared documentation for members of the court on behalf of attorney.
• Gained valuable research and discovery skill and observed the procedures to file cases with the U.S. Court of Appeals.