Founder and Lead Designer
June 2013 — Present
· Brought new category to climbing market: first brand to make digitally-manufactured
custom-fit shoes available.
· Designed initial product line.
· Coordinated material and component-level supply chain to enable 1 week turn-around.
· Designed fully parametric, reconfigurable last models for both flat shoes and downturned shoes.
· Developed a simple, photo-driven system for collecting customer's foot dimensions to build their customized shoes.
· Designed and optimized footwear patterns (uppers and rands/soles) for rock climbing shoe comfort and performance.
· Developed a manufacturing process that produces high-quality custom-fit shoes for 30% less than traditional manufacturing methods.
· Drafted and filed a patent application for SFT Climbing's first shoe design.
· Raised over $35,000 on Upstart.com to support hardware prototyping and business development.