Innovative education, mental health and wellness, nutrition and physical fitness, youth development, and creating a kinder, more peaceful community.
Educator, Marriage and Family Therapist, Nonprofit Professional
Moss Beach (SF Bay Area), CA
Working at a recently launched startup to create web and mobile applications that enhance social-emotional learning.
Youth Service Bureaus of the YMCA
Youth and Family Therapist
September 2011 — March 2013
• Managed a caseload of youth and adults being seen for variety of clinical issues, including depression, anxiety, addiction, and trauma-related disorders.
• Organized and facilitated social skills, anger management, and other therapeutic groups as needed in school and clinic settings.
Mental Health Association of San Francisco
October 2010 — February 2012
• Recruited and screened prospective SOLVE speakers and supported them throughout their involvement with the program
• Oversaw the day to day operations of SOLVE Peer Educator Program, including arranging presentations across San Francisco to nonprofits, corporations, schools, churches, and other community groups.
• Analyzed data and presented case for additional funding which resulted in gaining necessary funds for the upcoming fiscal year
San Francisco Unified School District
Learning Support Professional
August 2007 — June 2010
• Developed curriculum to assist school students and faculty around social and emotional learning to improve school climate
• Counseled students (grades K-8) on a variety of clinical issues, including depression and anxiety, suicidal ideation, and learning disorders.
• Ran therapy/support groups with a focus on adjustment to middle school, anger management, stress management, and improving interpersonal relationships.
California Pacific Medical Center
October 2006 — June 2007
• Scheduled and facilitated chronic illness support groups for children and their parents.
January 2006 — June 2006
• Maintained funding partnerships and drafted grant proposals to funding sources.
Staff Research Associate
June 2005 — September 2005
• Collected and entered public health project data using Access, SPSS & SAS systems
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
University of San Francisco
Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology