Adminstrative Assistant (Term Position)
April 2013 — Present
• Notified Director of Communications of meetings, emergency situations, and potentially newsworthy stories.
• Assisted in conveying information to the media, principals, community members, etc. as needed
• Assisted with the coordination of special events and meetings for administrators within the school district.
• Coordinated use of the phone notification system for the purpose of ensuring accurate and timely communications as needed internally and externally.
• Managed administrator access to homepage and intranet of eighth largest school district in Illinois.
• Processed contracts related to public services provided to the community.
• Prepared official minutes as it pertained to duties as Recorder for monthly Board meetings.
• Responsible for conducting internal audits of minute books and any documents related to FOIA – Freedom of Information Act.
• Acted as a liaison and generated contracts for outside vendors to perform duties as stated.
• Made travel and lodging arrangements and for executives and board members as it related to conferences and community events.
• Opened, sorted and distributed incoming correspondence.
• Managed and maintained multiple training and conference room schedules for internal and external patrons, including employees.
• Ensured ordinances are posted in designated area within the office and in local newspaper as part of the Freedom of Information Act.
• Administrator to company website ensuring board meeting agenda and minutes were properly posted in a timely manner.