Wincor Nixdorf International AG
Senior Integrations Consultant
March 2010 — October 2013
• Designing and delivering appropriate solutions with clients timeframe and budget
• Assisting the client to manage their Customer agenda exploring new ways of improving their business
• Definition and execution of an IT strategy for the clients and aligning technology with business growth
(Implementation of solution architecture of Self-Scanning solution at The Co-Operative Food Inc.)
(Rollout implementation of POS solution at Lidl Germany)
• Define and document client business processes, advise and implement change accordingly
• Technical support of piloting phases.
• Project and programme management for clients for business and IT implementations and changes
• Supplier and vendor management, driving efficiency savings, establishing KPI and Reporting
• Sourcing and procurement of hardware, software and 3rd party services, negotiating contracts and SLAs
• Conducted regular and in-depth evaluation of new IT technologies, maintaining competitive business edge
Key achievements include:
• Successful implementation of business process and IT system changes for The Co-Operative Food Inc. for
their stores to enable end customers do self-checkout.
• Implemented EPOS system proving them with new cash hardware, PC's running electronic point of sale
software with barcode readers, touch screen s and electronic signature pads
• Process development of in-store cash handling in front- and back-office areas
• Delivered cost savings of 35% of spend of products and 15% on services through supplier re-negotiations
• Provided business analysis process services to ease the intercultural communication between Great Britain
Business Analyst competencies:
- Defining implementation specifications for business requirements in reporting and business intelligence systems;
- Determinating the functional impact of change requirements;
- Supporting test phase and validating implementation during the UAT;
- Developing functional specifications documents and updating existing functional documentation;
- Investigating functional defects with agreed business requirements.
- Coordinating with key stake holders and help in developing strategies, assumptions and supply chain analysis deliverables.
- Modelling, analysing and comparing various supply chains scenarios using tools based on mixed-integer
- Researching, selecting and recommending scenario which is the most profitable and executable from business perspective and project cost/savings impact for the future state supply chain.
- Undertaking ownership of supply chain modelling and costing from profitability perspective.
Solution Architect competencies:
- Providing leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging
of the gap between business problem faced by client and benefits available from company solutions and services.
- Translates customer requirements into operational strategies associated with each solution and offering to
ensure client needs are met in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Researching existing business environment including trends, best practices and company preferred
architectural frameworks and alliances to ensure company services match business trends.
- Suggesting appropriate upgrades or relevant solutions to enhance company competency in meeting
changing business needs.
- Interfacing and participating in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal
and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
- Facilitating reduced risks to client and company; managing solution profits and losses; participating in
solution business plan creation; monitoring solution financial performance against plan;
assisting in preparing financial models to ensure that client interests are met.
Project Manager competencies:
- Managing project(s) and establishing Project Management Methodology artifacts through project Initiation,
Planning, Monitoring and Controlling, Execution and Closure.
- Conducting feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance and ROI analIsys for proposed projects.
- Presenting a recommendation related to project feasibility.
- Assessing high-level resource needs during project initiation and partners with resource manager to
develop sourcing plan to accommodate needs.
- Creating project plans that span the complete SDLC and encompass QVC IT requirements for financial planning, resource estimation, vendor oversight and requirements specifications.
- Determinating project timelines, milestones and actionable tasks using appropriate tools.
- Executing requirements to gain project approval from executive and functional/business stakeholders.
- Managing changes to project scope, schedule and budget using appropriate validation techniques to
keep the project plan accurate, updated and reflective of authorized project changes.
- FacilitatIng client acceptance of changes and their impact.
- ExecutIng assigned project tasks including documentation of POS functional requirements, co-ordination
of decvelopers, supporting test-phase and managing the project through the store deployment.
- Providing support to the customers on deploying the retail products within their environment.
- Performing re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
- Serving as senior-level billable consultant, pre-sales support and post-sales technical support specialist when needed. - - Preparing weekly and monthly status reports on all project activities and issues.
- Contribute to the creation & maintenance of project/process related "best practice" methodologies.
- FormalizIng final acceptance and closure for the project based on satisfactory achievement of outcomes from the sponsor/client.
- Supporting sales process. Duties include: Communicating product offering to customers,
Explain technical aspects of the product line, Provide pricing/proposals to customers, Manage pending customer transactions to ensure timeliness and optimal service levels
- Continually advising clients on technology trends and opportunities within their environments
- Facilitating meetings and strategic planning sessions with clients
- Running training sessions on complex solutions
- Travelling to client locations to setup lab & store pilot installations world-wide
- Working with clients to troubleshoot any issues
- Attending sales meetings with prospects and execute meetings in professional manner to build credibility and trust
- Point person on RFP responses; gathering all relevant information from subject matter experts; writing responses to showcase value; ensuring RFP responses are submitted on time and to high quality levels
- Managing process for enabling deep dive reviews of multiple aspects of Wincor Nixdorf's overall solution
- Identifying additional sales and marketing needs and assist in the creation of appropriate materials
- Participating in events and conferences as appropriate
- Assisting the Director of BD with developing sales strategy and go-to-market plans