New Britain Museum of American Art
Studio Art Educator
September 2016 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Visual and verbal expressions have been passions of mine for as long as I can remember. To me, visual art and linguistics are an unlikely, but perfect pair. I am deeply interested in the subtle nuances in the words of an unfamiliar language, just as I am fascinated by the different shades of the color green. I find it usef...
• Instructed interactive “Family Day” painting classes consisting of children aged 4-16, accompanied by their parents.
• Taught glass painting and acrylic painting on canvas adapting pace / content to address all ages and aptitudes.
• Managed classrooms / off-site events of 50+ participants creating a fun, educational atmosphere to inspire students.
• Orchestrated children’s birthday “art parties,” where attendees aged 5-18 constructed take home artwork.
• Inventoried / ordered all art materials, food, beverage supplies and organized art studio for the next session.
• Collaborated with museum educator to publicize and promote family day events in the local community.
• Developed special event programming and advertising materials coordinating with museum staff.
• Organized bilingual English / Spanish high school student tours and translated collateral materials to Spanish.
• Composed compelling press releases, flyers, marketing materials and competently managed social media platforms.
• Utilized Embark software for collection management and Raiser’s Edge to generate targeted mailing lists.
• Cultivated productive relationships with board members, preparators, interns and volunteers.
• Photographed art programs and recorded video documentation for marketing purposes and grant proposals.