Head of Waterfront, Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Counsellor
July 2007 — September 2015
• Guardian to children ages 7 to 16 – varies in length from a weekend to 8 weeks.
• Supervise a team of 10 -15 staff (ages 17 to 25) and together with the team collaboratively work to ensure safety and fun at the lake waterfront while campers and staff enjoy the water activities or take part in swim lessons
• Encourage campers to step-out of their shell and learn new skills when it comes to swimming and other outdoor camp activities
• Act as a sister to younger campers who struggle with homesickness or personal issues and assist them in learning new skills and feeling positive about their self.
• Arrange for swim instructors to write progress reports for campers and review all reports before distribution
• Conduct staff performance reviews and provide feedback for improvement if necessary