Vancouver Friends For Life Society
Manager of Programs
August 2015 — Present
At the Vancouver Friends For Life Society, I have the pleasure of working with a small, dedicated staff team to facilitate the delivery of alternative medicine to people living with HIV, Cancer, Hepatitis C, ALS and Cystic Fibrosis.
As the Manager of Programs, I am responsible for all program development, management and evaluation as well as defining funding sources through grant application and management. These duties contribute to the realization of the Society’s vision of promoting health and wellness for people living with a life threatening illness.
- Oversee program design, including Social Programs, Wellness Programs, and Volunteer Programs, providing leadership and guidance to program staff and volunteers.
- Support the application of innovative approaches and good practices to support the implementation and delivery of program results.
- Determine and ensure the volunteer workforce required for all aspects of the organization.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, orientation, supervision, recognition, evaluation, retention and exiting.
- Help identify, define and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
- Develop, write, coordinate and submit timely grant proposals, reports and all required documentation.
The Vancouver Friends For Life Society is a non-profit wellness centre in Vancouver's West End neighbourhood that provides complementary and alternative health therapies and support services to individuals living with Cancer, HIV/AIDS, HepC, ALS, and Cystic Fibrosis. Friends For Life is the only organization of it's kind in Canada in that it serves cross-diagnoses and provides over 50 different therapies including yoga, naturopathic medicine, and nutrition programs to those in need, free of charge.