Global Trade Compliance Specialist
December 2012 — Present
Responsible for the overall management of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) programs. Completes annual eligibility determinations for NAFTA, KORUS (Korea-U.S.), and Israel including all aspects of Bills of Material (BOM) analysis, origin verification and interpreting rules of origin for each trade agreement. Supports business units in achieving set KPI targets for solicitation and qualification of product lines. Research and resolves complex trade compliance issues.
• Trained sales and customer service departments on FTA procedures and solutions.
• Partnered with global affiliates to identify free trade opportunities for costs savings both internally and for external customers.
• Developed a more efficient process for the NAFTA program which resulted in the qualification of an average of 2500 products across four business units.
• Developed a solid relationship with Israeli customs ensuring adherence to customs procedures.
• Drafted and updated existing free trade procedures and work instructions.
• Developed Import audit guidelines and questionnaire for internal audits. Partnered with internal audit to complete actual audit of import program to identify gaps and process enhancements.