Patient Services Manager
August 2014 — Present
Summary: Managed food service staff in the assembly and delivery of patient meals in a 585-bed acute care hospital. Direct reports included 4 supervisors, 3 diet clerks, and 30+ hourly food service associates. Drive high patient satisfaction results and maintain strong client relationships.
• Oversee food service operation in a $2.9 million annual sales revenue location to ensure quality meals are prepared and strong customer service is delivered. Familiar with FOH and BOH operations and ability to perform in both environments.
• Food safety knowledge and ability to conduct and lead audits to comply with food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety in accordance with all federal and state health regulations
• Food quality assurance skills and strong understanding of menu design and recipe compliance to ensure the highest level of food quality. Developed and modified menus based on nutritional needs.
• Proficiency in Profit & Loss management in the food service industry. Budget understanding in labor and food budgets. Build food and product orders based on site needs and current inventory. Plan schedules based on business needs to reduce overtime and overall labor costs.
• Human resource skills in recruiting, hiring, and training staff on job duties and conducting performance evaluations. Monitor employee job performance and provide coaching and support. Disciplinary actions steps taken when needed including employee counseling and termination.
• Client management skills and ability to communicate client needs and goals and develop actions plans to achieve those needs. Brief hospital administration, nurse leadership, and financial management teams on food service department progress weekly, monthly, or as needed.
• Maintained relationships with vendors, negotiated prices for products, and ordered and scheduled delivery of supplies to meet business needs.