Innes Associates Architecture and Urban Design
November 2015 — Present
Business Manager [May 2016 – Present]
Business Development Consultant [January 2016 - April 2016]
Office Manager [November 2015 - January 2016]
• HR – recruited five architects and an office manager, prepared contracts, performed induction training; organised CPD and training seminars, conducted personal development reviews and performance appraisals; maintained HR databases: confidential documents, annual leave; organised team-building events and introduced monthly project reviews.
• Business Development – fully developed, designed and maintained the company's website www.innesassociates.net; created reports, promotional material and presentations using desktop publishing software; researched and presented new business opportunities to executive management; negotiated and organised meetings with potential and existing clients; maintained and created content for the company's social media channels.
• Accounting – handled finances: online banking, invoice payments, and petty cash; assisted executive management in financial planning; performed reconciliation and dealt with account payables by using accounting software Quickbooks; submitted quarterly VAT; assisted with payroll.
• IT support – picked the right software and hardware, including a server; trained architects and executive management to use new hardware; performed IT troubleshooting; researched, installed and maintained cloud-based telephones.
• Office Management – arranged and facilitated office move; maintained insurance contracts and memberships in professional bodies; visited building sites as an assistant to architects; answered phone calls and took messages.